TVLRF Response to Coronavirus (Covid-19)
Thames Valley Local Resilience Forum (TVLRF) has established a Strategic Coordinating Group (SCG) in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The TVLRF SCG is group through which local authorities, healthcare providers and emergency services jointly develop a combined response to the current rapidly evolving situation across Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Milton Keynes and Oxfordshire. This multi-agency partnership approach helps target our activity directly to the needs of the public.
Each organisation is making decisions every day, balancing the need to maintain essential services and support those most affected. Our aim is to follow, implement and share public health guidance to protect the public and our people against infection from COVID-19.
The group provides a direct link for us into Government departments such as Public Health England. This allows us to share what is happening locally with those who are making decisions at the very highest level.
We want our local communities to receive the best possible service during these challenging times, and working together we will identify additional ways to support the public and each other.
All members TVLRF SCG are united in our collective priorities, which are to:
- Help maintain the resilience of the NHS and critical services of multi-agency partners through the implementation of business continuity.
- Minimise the risk of Covid-19 on the public by supporting our national and local public health response to contain the spread of the virus.
- Support the circulation of approved national advice and information relating to COVID-19.
- Provide guidance and information for the public from health professionals and Local Resilience Forum partners.
- Support the co-ordination and delivery of emergency plans for all phases (including recovery) of the UK response to COVID-19.
- Minimise the potential impact of a pandemic on society and the economy.
- Protect health and safety of our staff by providing appropriate guidance, equipment and support.
- Evaluate and identify multi-agency and organisational learning.
Local authorities are the central point for information relating to the COVID-19 outbreak within Thames Valley, so please refer to their official communication channels for accurate local information and updates.
National guidance, updates and information can be obtained at www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response.